How to backup iPhone/iPad to iTunes & iCloud 
In this article, you will learn how to backup iPhone/iPad to iTunes and iCloud. It is very essential to backup your data, especially when you want to change your iPhone/iPad, format your iPhone/iPad for certain reasons, or if you want to install a beta iOS version on your iPhone/iPad. So, there are two simple ways to back up your iPhone/iPad, the first from iCloud and the second from iTunes. Both ways are very simple and easy and free, but in iCloud, you get a limited storage space.
More how-to: How to backup Contacts on Android
How to backup iPhone/iPad to iCloud
You can back up your iPhone/iPad by using only your device, without connecting it to Windows or Mac. This way is Paid and Free as well, if you have a small amount of data approximately 5GB, then you are in the safe zone, but if your data is exceeding this limit, then you may have to buy some storage. The nice thing about Apple is that their iCloud storage plans are very reasonable and affordable to buy. For Example, 500GB for $0.99 per month.
Now, let’s start the process. Just follow the following steps:
- Sign in to your Apple ID in Settings. (Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi network)
- Open “Settings” and tap on your Apple ID “name”.
- Tap “iCloud”
- Find an option called “iCloud Backup”
- Tap on “Back Up Now”
- Now, it will start to backup your all data.
- Once it is completed, then you are good to go.
How to backup iPhone/iPad to iTunes
There is another way from which you can back up your iPhone/iPad data for free, only it requires an up running Mac or Windows laptop with iTunes installed on it. You can easily download and install iTunes from the Microsoft store or by visiting Apple’s official site.
Let’s start the process, how to back up iPhone/iPad on iTunes:
- Open iTunes
- Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod
- There will be a pop-up on your device asking to “Trust” or “Don’t Trust”, simply tap “Trust”
- Click on the top left corner
- There will be an Back up tap, select “This computer” and click on “Done”
The two ways to back up your iPhone/iPad to iTunes and iCloud explain in this article, are free and paid as well. If you don’t buy storge or spend money you can go for iTunes back up, which is totally free and easy as well.