How to deactivate or permanently delete an Instagram Account
How do I delete my Instagram account permanently?
This process will delete your Instagram account permanently. You will not be able to access the account again.
- Go to Instagram from a computer or mobile browser. (You can’t delete an Instagram account through the app)
- Now, open Delete Account Page.
- Select a reason from a drop-down menu, why do you want to delete your account.
- After selecting the reason, re-enter your account password.
- Click or Tap “Delete your account name”
How to deactivate an Instagram account?
Don’t want to delete your account permanently, then you can try disabling your account for a week.
- Go to Instagram from a computer or mobile browser. (You can’t temporarily disable an Instagram account through the app)
- Tap or Click on your profile photo on the top right corner (computer) or on the top right bottom (mobile).
- Click or Tap on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Scroll down till the end to find the “Temporarily disable my account” option.
- Now, select a reason from the drop-down menu, why are you disabling your account.
- Then, re-enter your password.
- Now, Click or Tab “Temporarily disable my account”.